Simple but tasty potato side dish flavored with bacon and fresh parsley.
It’s made all in one pan–providing you use a totally oven-safe skillet.
|Good for breakfast too|
Although I mixed 2 varieties of potatoes here for color purposes, any all-purpose potato will do. Idaho and Russet may not be a good choice because you need a potato that is going to hold it’s shape. Since reds and Yukons have a waxy and dense texture, they are perfect for this.
Don’t forget about serving these at breakfast instead of the traditional hash browns or home fries! They’re an excellent accompaniment to any style eggs.
- 1 lb yukon gold potatoes
- 1 lb red potatoes
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash potatoes and cut in chunks about 1-inch. Not necessary to peel.
- Place bacon in 10-inch skillet. Fry unti crisp over medium heat. Remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate; set aside. Do not drain bacon drippings from pan. Dice bacon when cool.
- Add the potatoes to the skillet. Toss to coat with drippings. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place skillet in preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally so potatoes brown well.
- Top with the diced bacon and return to the oven for 5-10 minutes or until bacon is hot and crisp.
- Garnish with fresh parsley
- Serves 4-6
|Bacon Parsley Roasted Potatoes|