|Mexicali Chipolte Potato Salad|
What a great way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Great flavor combo of chipotlee, lime and cilantro.
Chipotle For Cinco de Mayo
It uses the Traditional Chipotle flavor of Herdez® Mexican Cooking Sauces and you can do more with cooking sauce than just cook in it.
I wanted to develop something for the Herdez® people that was a little out of the ordinary with their Mexican sauces because I’ve always loved the smoky flavor of chipotle and it goes so nicely with potatoes.
|Say OLE to this potato salad|
As Cinco de Mayo may even start the BBQ and picnic season in some regions (not mine LOL) here is the perfect accompaniment for your outdoor meal.
The addition of hard-cooked egg (or garbanzos if you want to go vegan) actually makes this a complete meal.
- 2 lbs cooked red potatoes, cut in chunks
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, de-seeded julienne
- ¼ cup sweet bell pepper, julienne
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup garbanzo beans (optional or in place of eggs)
- 1 cup mayonnaise*
- ¼ cup Herdez® Traditional Chipotle Mexican Cooking Sauce
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 tbs cilantro, minced
- Mix mayonnaise, Herdez® Traditional Chipolte Mexican Cooking Sauce, lime juice and cilantro in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add sauce and stir gently to combine. Cover and chill well before serving.
- Makes 6 servings.
- *For a vegan salad, omit eggs and substitute vegan mayonnaise for the regular.
I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com.
Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews on The Midnight Baker. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of The Midnight Baker. This
blog was written in support of Herdez and their Mexican Cooking Sauces.