As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s time to think all things pumpkin. Might as well start with this decadent parfait!
Everyone’s thoughts turn to pumpkin this time of year and especially how to use it!
Years ago, I used to make a pumpkin turtle pie for Thanksgiving because we didn’t care too much for the traditional version. That was delicious and more like a chiffon dessert.
I wanted to add cheesecake elements here, so I worked in some cream cheese, but the recipe still remains pretty much faithful to the pie, which had such an excellent flavor!
There’s no baking involved at all here and the dessert is–at the risk of sounding redundant–as easy as pie! But it just may be difficult to wait until the cream cheese comes to room temp–but the microwave will take care of that!
The amount of pecans and caramel sauce is up to you, which is why I didn’t list amounts. The caramel sauce can be found around the ice cream at your grocer’s. It’s used as an ice cream topping, so that’s where you’ll find it. If you like chocolate, then by all means add that note to this dessert!
And a dollop of whipped cream on the top really finishes this off!
Pumpkin Turtle Cheesecake Parfait
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 pkg size that serves 4 vanilla instant pudding
- 1/2 cup milk/cream/half and half divided
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 8 oz 1 regular tub whipped topping
- chopped pecans for garnish
- caramel sauce for drizzle
- The pudding is used dry--DO NOT MAKE PER PACKAGE DIRECTIONS
- Beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup of the milk/cream in a large bowl until it's smooth and silky
- Add the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, the remaining milk and the dry pudding mix
- Beat for 1 minute
- Fold in whipped topping
- Divide evenly into small dessert dishes
- Garnish with chopped pecans and drizzle with caramel sauce