As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Pepper and Pancetta Torta|
- 10 oz ricotta
- 1/2 cup parmesan or romano cheese, grated
- 4 oz shredded cheese (I used jack cheese)
- 4 eggs
- 6 slices pancetta, chopped*
- 1/2 med. green pepper, diced about 1/4 inch
- 1/2 med red (sweet) pepper, diced about 1/4 inch
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 large garlic cloved, minced
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- olive oil
- dry breadcrumbs (seasoned or unseasoned)
dust with breadcrumbs.
Mix ricotta, romano & shredded cheeses together. Beat eggs well and add to cheese mixture; cover and set aside.
Fry pancetta until it begins to brown. Add garlic, onion, mushrooms &
peppers and saute until onions are translucent and peppers are
crisp/tender. Remove from heat and cool to room temp.
Add veggies to cheese/egg mixture and mix well. Bake in 375 oven for about 45-50 min. Let stand a bit before slicing.