As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tropical flavors of coconut and macadamia nut come together in these wonderful cookies.
Here’s yet another delicious recipe from my friend at Maria’s Mixing Bowl! Maria’s always finding such super recipes that she shares with her thousands of Facebook fans. And this is another great one.
|Like a candybar|
You don’t have to toast the coconut here, but I did because I think it adds so much to the coconutty flavor. I happened to have macadamia nuts on hand, but since they are quite pricy, you can also use slivered almonds which are less expensive. Although I would advise treating yourself to the macadamias…because they are totally yummy!
|Yummy macadamias & coconut|
These are a tad on the sweet side if they are slightly warm, but I noticed that the sweetness abated somewhat when they cooled completely. But if you don’t want such an intensely sweet cookie, then reduce the brown sugar to 1/2 cup and you should be OK. However, if you use unsweetened flaked coconut, don’t monkey with the sugar!!!
|Perfect with milk|
You’ll have to hide these because they’ll disappear quickly!
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut may be toasted if desired
- 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts or slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl with electric mixer, beat the softened butter with the sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla, beating well.
- Add the flour gradually, beating well after each addition so it’s well mixed.
- Stir in the coconut, white chocolate chips and the nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets, leaving about 2-inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges begin to get golden brown.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing to rack to cool completely.
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2015. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.
Follow The Midnight Baker’s board The Midnight Baker on Pinterest.