As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Lemon cookie cheesecake is a no-bake delight that will wow anyone who eats it.
Lemon Cookie Cheesecake
Since I love lemon anything, of course I just had to make this no-bake cheesecake.
It uses lemon sandwich cookies which I also love–but saved enough to make this!!!! I don’t buy the expensive kind either. I actually prefer the ones packed under the store brand. You know, the ones that are 2 pounds and CHEAP. If you prefer the brand name, then by all means. However I’ve actually found the inexpensive ones taste better.
Where I’m usually into quick and easy these days, I won’t lie to you; this particular cheesecake does take a bit of time to make. It uses more than one bowl too. But seriously, trust me on this one. It’s so good it’s worth the effort. I’ll give a hint about eliminating one step where you use a convenience ingredient, but it will lack a bit of rich taste.
Real Whipped Cream
Let’s say I prefer it. Even though it adds another bowl to wash and an extra step, it’s one I feel is worth it. Nothing beats the taste and the texture. Here, the cream doesn’t need to be stabilized because there’s going to be both cream cheese and gelatin folded in. Those are a couple of ways to stabilize whipped cream, but I’ve come to prefer instant clear jel for that purpose. Here, it’s not necessary.
If you’re pressed for time you can eliminate that step. Just use frozen whipped topping as a substitute. As the 2 cups of heavy cream yield approximately double the amount, you’ll need a large tub of the topping, so buy the large one, which I think is 16 ounces.
For this cake, I used a 8-inch (20 cm) springform pan. I like a nice high cheesecake so I filled it almost to the rim. I had filling left over but it was really easy to eat so…
But if you don’t mind a a less-thick cake with no leftover filling, you’d probably want to use the 9-inch (23 cm) pan.
The choice is yours.
Lemon Cookie Cheesecake
Lemon Cookie Crust:
- 15 oz lemon sandwich cookies reserve 8 for topping
- 3 tbs melted butter
- 1 tbs sugar
Lemon Cheesecake Filling:
- 16 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 small box lemon gelatin about 3 oz
- 16 oz heavy cream
- ¼ cup confectioner's icing sugar
- reserved lemon cookies
- Pulse the lemon cookies in food processor, until crushed. Add melted butter and sugar. Pulse to mix. Press the crushed cookie mixture into the bottom of a 8 or 9-inch (see post body) springform pan and and partway up the sides. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes until crust is firm.
Lemon Cheesecake Filling
- Beat cream cheese, lemon juice and sugar until well mixed. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add 1 cup of boiling water to gelatin and stir to dissolve, then set aside to cool.
- Whip the heavy cream with powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Take care not to go to far, to a butter stage.
- Once gelatin has cooled and begun to thicken, fold it into the whipped cream and mix gently.
- Then, fold in the cream cheese mixture until evenly blended. Fill crust with the cheesecake mixture, spreading to even out if necessary. Top with crumbled reserved cookies & dollops of lemon curd or freshly grated lemon zest. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm.