As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leftover Easter ham? Try this ham alfredo for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
Ham Alfredo Uses Leftovers
This is a quick and easy alfredo sauce. It uses cream cheese. I also changed up the usual parmesan cheese for asiago.
You can always use parmesan or romano. I just happened to have a huge piece of asiago I had bought at Sam’s a while ago.
And as usual, lower-fat alternatives may replace the regular milk and cream cheese for a healthier option.
- 4 oz ham either coarsely diced or julienne
- 1 cup milk
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 oz grated or shredded asiago cheese
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder OR 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups cooked pasta of your choice
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over med-low heat.
- Add cream cheese and garlic/garlic powder and beat with a wire whisk until there are no lumps. Add milk gradually, whisking continually while adding.
- Add the cheese and the pepper. Whisk until cheese is incorporated; add ham and heat through. Remove from heat--sauce will thicken slightly when removed from heat.
- Serve over hot pasta.
- Serves 2