As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A sheet of puff pastry, vanilla pudding and some caramel ice cream sauce is all you’ll need for this dessert. It’s delicious and easy too!
Like Easy Desserts?
Then you will love this dessert!
All you will need is a sheet of puff pastry, vanilla pudding and some ice cream sauce.
Change The Flavors And Change The Dessert
I used simple instant vanilla pudding here because it’s the closest thing to the pastry cream used in real creampuffs.
However, you don’t have to restrict yourself to that flavor. Like chocolate? Use chocolate pudding. It’s as easy as that!
Get Fancy For Company
I just made this from one sheet of puff pastry. What I did was after it was baked, I simply cut the sheet in half through the center so I could simply fill it with the pudding. Now that’s easy peasy.
But if you are having company, you can get fancy with hardly any work.
All you’d have to do is cut the thawed sheet of pastry into thirds. This is easy because the sheet itself is folded in thirds so when you unroll it, you will have handy cutting lines.
After you’ve cut the sheet into thirds, then cut each third in half so you have two smaller rectangles. Bake those, then cut them through the center and fill them.
Voila! Easy Napoleons! You can frost them with a confectioner’s sugar glaze then drizzle chocolate syrup over them. The guests will think you fussed!
Easy Puff Pastry Caramel Creampuff
- 1 pkg sheet frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1 pkg small package 4-serving size instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups half-and-half cream see NOTES
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce see NOTES
- Sanding sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet or cookie sheet with parchment.
- Unroll the puff pastry and place it on the prepared sheet.
- If using the sanding sugar, slightly dampen the top of the pastry sheet and sprinkle on the desired amount of sugar. Lightly press the sugar into the sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until pastry is puffed up and golden. While the pastry is baking, make up the filling--Prepare the pudding by adding the half and half and pudding mix in a medium bowl and whisking for 2 minutes. Place in the refrigerator until the pudding is soft but set; about 15 minutes
- Leave the pastry on the sheet to cool.
- Once cool, cut the sheet in half through the center so you have a top and bottom.
- Spread the pudding over the bottom sheet then place the other sheet on top.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce.