As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Crock Pot Banana Nut Bread|
Is baking possible in a slow cooker? You betcha!
My sister constantly raves about the banana bread she makes in her slow cooker.
I’d been reluctant to ever try something like this in my crock pot, even though I thought it might produce a banana bread that didn’t dry out so fast as one baked in the oven.
|Slow Cooker makes this nice and tender|
I searched around Google for a guide to cooking times. Most said 2-3 hours, but mine certainly wasn’t done in that time! I think those times are quoted for using the actual insert of the slow cooker–not for your own deeper loaf pan.
Anyway, it came out quite good, but I would caution to pay attention to the size of the pan! Mine was a mite too small and the bread began to overflow the pan. Make sure the volume is around 2 quarts if you use THIS recipe!
Crock Pot Banana Nut Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3 cups mashed ripe bananas about 3 large
- Remove stoneware inset from slow cooker. Set slow cooker to HI. Grease or spray the inset to a slow cooker OR a metal or Pyrex loaf pan* (9 x 5 x 4-inch).
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda, nuts and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and the mashed bananas.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients, stirring just enough to incorporate. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter either into the prepared stoneware inset or the prepared pan. If using the loaf pan, either place a rack in the stoneware inset OR used crumpled foil to keep pan from touching the bottom of the crock and cover with a couple of paper towels. Place pan or stoneware inset into the crock pot sleeve. Cover and cook for about 2-3 hours (if cooking in the inset itself) or 3-4 hours if cooking in the loaf pan.
- *Any shape baker or pan can be used as long as it fits in the crock pot and has the approximate volume of a loaf pan (about 2 quarts).
|Bake in your slow cooker|
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2014. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.
Follow The Midnight Baker’s board Midnight Baker’s Slow Cooker Recipes on Pinterest.