If you’re looking for the perfect summer salad, look no further than this creamy grape salad!
Grape Salad Is The Taste Of Summer
Ahhh…grapes! Who doesn’t love them?
Even though they’re sold year-round just about everywhere, I always associate them with summer.
They’re a great way to keep hydrated in the hot weather because they contain a great deal of water. I usually have a bowl of red and white seedless by my side when I’m on my porch doing summer reading.
Just A Hint Of Cheesecake
While grapes are wonderful as-is, they can be dressed up in ways that make them a stand-alone appetizer, snack or dessert.
One of my favorite ways is to add a creamy dressing that’s basically much like cheesecake. I call this “grape salad,” but you’ll also see it named “snow grapes.”
About a week ago, a friend was absolutely loaded down with grapes and asked me if I wanted some. I jumped at the chance–wouldn’t you? He gave me so many that I knew I couldn’t eat them all.
I often freeze them because eating them frozen on a hot day is so refreshing, but I was thinking that I needed to make something so the remainder wouldn’t go to waste. So I made the famous “grape salad.”
It’s important here to only use seedless grapes for obvious reasons.
Grape seeds are a bit bitter and have (to me) a rather unpleasant flavor, so they’d ruin this salad.
I mix white and red seedless grapes here, but you if you prefer to use one variety, it’s just as good!
Watch The Video
- 8 oz softened cream cheese (see NOTES)
- 1 cup sour cream (see NOTES)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 4 lbs seedless grapes (red, white or a combination of the two)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until very smooth. Add the vanilla and lemon juice; beat at low speed to combine.
- Remove grapes from the stem and place in a large bowl; stir in desired amount of dressing.
- Place in a large serving bowl and garnish with chopped walnuts.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to use.
Reduced-fat sour cream may also replace the full fat.