Add to Recipe Box
Go to Collections
Quick Chicken & Peppers Stir Fry
Delicious chicken stir fry that’s on the table in 15 minutes! Quickest dinner ever!
- 1 skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 1/2 of one red bell pepper cut in 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 of one green bell pepper cut in 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 of one yellow bell pepper cut in 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 of one orange bell pepper cut in 1/4-inch strips
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 small onion sliced
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 chicken stock cubes crushed
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp dark sesame oil
- 2 tbsp dry sherry or dry white wine
THICKENING FOR SAUCE
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2-3 tbsp water
Heat oil over high heat in a large wok or skillet. Add chicken and garlic and stir fry until chicken is lightly browned on all sides.
Add onion and peppers, and stir fry until peppers are crisp-tender and have turned bright colored--I usually use the green pepper as a guide--when it turns bright green, that's generally when they are crisp-tender.
Add the sauce and heat to boiling.
Mix the cornstarch and water and add to the wok, stirring while adding. Bring to boil and boil for 1 minute.
Serve over rice (I use jasmine rice)
Serving: 1person | Calories: 399kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 2041mg | Potassium: 568mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 2033IU | Vitamin C: 160mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg