Add to Recipe Box
Go to Collections
Italian Asiago Pork
Looking for a quick and tasty meal during the holiday season (or any time)? This fast and easy Italian Asiago Pork just may fill the bill.
- 2 tbs olive oil divided
- 1 lb pork tenderloin sliced into strips
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package asiago or parmesan flavored rice side dish see NOTES
- 2 cups packed arugula chopped
Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Season pork with salt and pepper, if you’d like. Add pork and cook about 3 minutes or until done. Remove from pan and set aside. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in same pan over medium heat and cook your onion, covered, stirring frequently about 6 minutes or until browned. If onions start to stick, stir in 1 tablespoon of water. Remove from pan and set aside with pork.
Pour water, milk and rice side packet into the same pan and bring to a boil, then turn down the heat to medium and continue cooking 8 minutes. Toss in the arugula and cook 2 minutes more.
Add the pork and onions and serve,
- I used Knorr Selects Asiago and Cracked Black Pepper rice side. If you cannot find this in your store, their 4-cheese risotto select is a good substitute or any variety with Italian-style cheeses.You could also substitute their Alfredo noodle variety, which is available everywhere.
- NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION shown below is ONLY for the pork tenderloin.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 94mg | Potassium: 603mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 335IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 1.3mg