Add to Recipe Box
Go to Collections
Italian Asiago Pork
Looking for a quick and tasty meal during the holiday season (or any time)? This fast and easy Italian Asiago Pork just may fill the bill.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 2 tbs olive oil divided
- 1 lb pork tenderloin sliced into strips
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package asiago or parmesan flavored rice side dish see NOTES
- 2 cups packed arugula chopped
Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Season pork with salt and pepper, if you’d like. Add pork and cook about 3 minutes or until done. Remove from pan and set aside. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in same pan over medium heat and cook your onion, covered, stirring frequently about 6 minutes or until browned. If onions start to stick, stir in 1 tablespoon of water. Remove from pan and set aside with pork.
Pour water, milk and rice side packet into the same pan and bring to a boil, then turn down the heat to medium and continue cooking 8 minutes. Toss in the arugula and cook 2 minutes more.
Add the pork and onions and serve,
- I used Knorr Selects Asiago and Cracked Black Pepper rice side. If you cannot find this in your store, their 4-cheese risotto select is a good substitute or any variety with Italian-style cheeses.You could also substitute their Alfredo noodle variety, which is available everywhere.
- NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION shown below is ONLY for the pork tenderloin.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 94mg | Potassium: 603mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 335IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 1.3mg