Add to Recipe Box
Go to Collections
Hawaiian Fried Rice
Fried rice Polynesian style
- 2 tbs low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbs oil divided
- 1 lb medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 1 medium carrot finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large can pineapple tidbits 20 oz/567 g, drained
- 2 cups cooked rice room temperature
- 6 green onions chopped
Mix soy sauce, curry powder and sugar in a small bowl.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat.
Add shrimp and stir fry until they turn pink--about 3 minutes. Remove from the pan.
In the same pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and garlic and cook just until fragrant--about 10 seconds.
Add the pepper, carrot and onion and stir fry for 2 minutes. Stir in the pineapple and shrimp.
Add the rice and soy sauce mixture. Heat through tossing to combine and breaking up any lumps of rice. Stir in the onions.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 283mg | Potassium: 248mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3664IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg