Add to Recipe Box
Go to Collections
Quick Chicken Corn Chowder
So easy you can't believe it
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 rib celery finely diced
- 1 small red bell pepper finely diced
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 cups fresh roasted corn or 2 cans 14.75 oz each creamed corn
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 1 1/2 cup diced cooked chicken or 1 can (12 oz) chicken breast meat, undrained, large lumps broken up
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 slices crisp bacon for garnish
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and red bell pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
Add the corn, cream, milk, bouillon, chicken and it's juice (if using canned), salt and pepper. Stir to blend.
Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until it's hot but do not boil it.
Crumble bacon and top each serving with equal amounts
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 501kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 139mg | Sodium: 965mg | Potassium: 509mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2342IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 1mg