Add to Recipe Box
Go to Collections
Slow Cooker Rustic Meat Spaghetti Sauce
A truly hearty and rib-sticking spaghetti sauce packed with flavor and your slow cooker does all the work!
Servings: 1 quart
- 1 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 6 oz can 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar use 2 tbs if you like a more acidic sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp – 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2-1 tsp basil
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 lb lean ground beef -OR- 1 lb bulk sweet Italian sausage*
*A combination of the 2 is perfect
Brown ground beef/sausage in a large skillet. Drain and add to a 3-4 qt slow cooker.
Add the remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours (times are approximate as all crock pots cook differently–if you use a larger volume cooker, sauce will be done faster, ~4-6 hours)
Makes about 1 quart of sauce.
Serving: 1person | Calories: 1034kcal | Carbohydrates: 101g | Protein: 107g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 281mg | Sodium: 6320mg | Potassium: 3565mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 79g | Vitamin A: 2696IU | Vitamin C: 47mg | Calcium: 232mg | Iron: 18mg