Add to Recipe Box
Go to Collections
If you like bruschetta, you’ll love this one-skillet chicken dish! Simple ingredients, easy prep and thoroughly delicious!
- 4 thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 14 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained and reserve liquid
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt optional
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan or Asiago
- 1 cup Italian flavor bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp grated Romano cheese
Mix bread crumbs and Romano cheese
Heat a large skillet over medium--high heat; add oil
Dredge chicken breast in crumb mixture.
Brown chicken well on each side until chicken is cooked--about 5 minutes each side. Remove from pan, cover and keep warm.
Add drained tomatoes, garlic, salt (if using), pepper, oregano and olives to the pan. Add 1/3 cup of the reserved tomato liquid.
Heat through, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Discard garlic.
Stir in the fresh basil or the dry basil if not using fresh.
Top chicken with tomato mixture.
Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
Werve with pasta
Serving: 1person | Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 1013mg | Potassium: 480mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 202IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 173mg | Iron: 2mg