Add to Recipe Box
Go to Collections
Sausage Stuffed Shells
Pasta shells stuffed with great tasting sausage and gobs of mozzarella cheese. This meal is a family pleaser!
- 1 lb sweet or hot bulk Italian sausage meat
- 6-8 oz about a cup diced (small dice) mozzarella
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley --OR- 2 tbs dry from the jar parsely
- 1 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan -OR- Romano cheese
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 2 eggs
- 8-12 jumbo shells cooked al dente
- 1 recipe Quick Chunky Tomato Sauce -OR- your favorite pasta sauce
- Extra shredded mozzarella
Mix well the sausage meat, mozzarella, parsley, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic and eggs in a medium bowl. Portion out the meat in desired amount.
Cook the same amount of shells as meat portions. Slightly undercook the shells because they will be baked too.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place about 1/2 cup of the sauce in a baking dish large enough to hold the amount of shells you made--this would be anywhere from a 1 1/2-2 1/2 quart baking dish.
Put the shells in the pan and top with more sauce and desired amount of shredded mozzarella.
Cover baking dish with foil and bake 45-60 minutes, or until sausage is cooked through.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 757kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 50g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 204mg | Sodium: 1417mg | Potassium: 472mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 744IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 346mg | Iron: 4mg