Add to Recipe Box
Go to Collections
Rustic Ziti with White Sausage Sauce
This quick and easy ziti with white sausage sauce is on the table in less than 30 minutes!
- 8 oz bulk hot or sweet Italian sausage broken up into small lumps
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or water
- 8 oz dry weight ziti (or any tubular pasta) cooked per package directions (reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water)
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Melt butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
Brown the sausage bits until the are cooked and browned.
Add the wine or water and scrape up the browned bits at the bottom of the pan (deglazing).
Add the cooked ziti and the reserved pasta water; heat through.
Stir in the parsley and top with the Parmesan cheese.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 511kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 637mg | Potassium: 318mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 365IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 166mg | Iron: 2mg