Add to Recipe Box
Go to Collections
Beefy Pizza Rolls (Bracciole)
Don’t call out for pizza! Make these beefy bracciole rolls instead!
- 8 oz round steak cut into 1/8-inch thick slices (sold for bracciole)
- 32-36 slices pepperoni see NOTES
- 2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk or water - see NOTES
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella divided
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Extra Parmesan for topping about 1/4 cup
- 30 oz canned fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 tbs brown sugar optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
In a medium bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, parsley, Parmesan, salt, pepper, 2 cups shredded mozzarella and just enough milk/water to moisten the crumb mixture so it holds together.
Lay about 8 slices of the pepperoni on top of each steak. Distribute crumb mixture evenly over each steak. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large heavy skillet. Brown beef rolls on all sides; remove from pan.
Add all the sauce ingredients to the skillet and heat till it boils. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Lightly spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the beef rolls in the prepared pan; top with the sauce. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
Uncover the rolls and top with remaining shredded mozzarella and grated Parmesan. Return to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese topping is bubbly and melted.
- I used the pepperoni that comes in the little pouches—Hormel or Margharita brand.
- Use only enough milk/water to moisten the crumbs—I needed 1/4 cup, you may need more or less.
Serving: 1roll | Calories: 430kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 1847mg | Potassium: 386mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1175IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 398mg | Iron: 4mg