Add to Recipe Box
Go to Collections
Copycat Wendy's Chili
Make a big pot of this copycat Wendy's chili for you Super Bowl party and watch it disappear!
Servings: 10 -12
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper chopped (you could use poblanos too if you want a bit of heat)
- 42 oz stewed tomatoes (3 cans, 14 oz each)
- 10 oz diced tomatoes 1 can with green chiles (like Rotel)
- 15 oz tomato sauce (1 can)
- 1 cup water
- Double recipe of chili seasoning or 2 packages, 1.25 oz ea.
- 28 oz canned dark red kidney beans, drained (2 cans - 14 oz each)
- 14 oz canned white kidney beans drained
- 14 oz canned garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs white vinegar
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Press ground beef into the hot oil to form one large patty; let the bottom brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir and break the ground beef into crumbles and cook until no longer pink, about 5 more minutes.
Stir celery, onion, and green bell pepper into ground beef and cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes; pour in stewed tomatoes, diced tomatoes with green chiles, tomato sauce, and water. Break apart large chunks of stewed tomatoes. Stir in chili seasoning.
Mix the beans into chili, season with salt and black pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour. Mix vinegar into chili.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 770mg | Potassium: 1297mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 520IU | Vitamin C: 29.4mg | Calcium: 118mg | Iron: 7.8mg