Add to Recipe Box
Go to Collections
Cheesy Steak Bites
Cheesy steak bites is one of those kid-pleasing meals that adults love too.
- 1 lb beef tenderloin steak tips cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 large white onions thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 6 slices cooked bacon optional
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 2 tsp herbs de provence OR 1/2 tsp thyme + 1/2 tsp oregano mixed
Heat a large heavy skillet (preferably cast iron) over high heat. Sear steak tips until they are brown on all sides; remove from pan.
Reduce heat to medium-low and in the same skillet, add the olive oil. Place the onions in the pan, and cook for about 10 minutes or until they are soft and golden brown. Add the garlic and cook until it’s fragrant. Remove onions and garlic from the pan.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Wipe out the skillet and add the browned steak tips, lay the bacon on top then top with the cooked onions.
Mix the cheeses and place evenly across the top. Sprinkle top with the herbs.
Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted, bubbly and beginning to brown.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 674kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 52g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 159mg | Sodium: 704mg | Potassium: 563mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 605IU | Vitamin C: 6.3mg | Calcium: 423mg | Iron: 3.8mg