Add to Recipe Box
Go to Collections
Shrimp and Asparagus Primavera
A quick-cooking seafood meal great for date nights.
- 3 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp 16-20 per pound, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 8 fresh asparagus spears trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato peeled
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese optional
- Lemon wedges
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper flakes. In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; stir-fry until pink, 2-3 minutes. Remove; keep warm.
In same skillet, stir-fry the next 5 ingredients in remaining oil until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add wine and seasonings. Return shrimp to pan.
Drain pasta; add to shrimp mixture and toss gently. Cook and stir until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve with lemon wedges.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 531kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 296mg | Sodium: 1375mg | Potassium: 501mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 785IU | Vitamin C: 13.9mg | Calcium: 352mg | Iron: 5mg