Mexican Street Corn Soup
If you love the real deal, you'll love this soup. "Souper" easy too.
Prep Time20 minutes mins
Cook Time20 minutes mins
Course: Main, Main Course, Soup
Keyword: mexican soups, mexican street corn soup, soups with pantry ingredients
- 4 cups whole kernel corn divided
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth divided
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 4 scallions whites and light greens minced, greens sliced
- 1 Tbs minced fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. chipotle chili powder or regular chili powder
- 1 cup crema or sour cream
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese Parmesan may be substituted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbs fresh lime juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Purée 2 cups corn kernels with 1 cup broth in a food processor.
Heat oil in a pot over medium. Add remaining 2 cups corn kernels, minced scallion whites and light greens, garlic, and chili powder; cook 5 minutes.
Stir in remaining 3 cups broth and puréed corn; simmer 10 minutes. Stir in crema and Cotija until heated through and cheese melts, 3 minutes.
Add cilantro and lime juice; season soup with salt and pepper. Top servings with sliced scallion greens
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 962mg | Potassium: 212mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 751IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 115mg | Iron: 1mg