Add to Recipe Box
Go to Collections
Fresh Tomato Deep Dish Pizza
Delicious meat-free deep dish pizza that’s perfect for brunch or a light dinner!
- 1 recipe pizza dough see NOTES
- 1 large tomato beefsteak is good, sliced thinly (I used 8 slices and used a mandoline)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella -OR- 6-8 oz fresh mozzarella sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp shredded Asiago cheese optional
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil -OR- 1 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
Pat pizza dough in a deep 10-12-inch greased round pan (see post for other pans you can use)
Brush crust with the olive oil
Distribute shredded mozzarella over crust
Place one tomato slice in the center, then place the other slices around the outer edge.
Divide basil between each tomato
Sprinkle Parmesan over filling
Sprinkle Asiago over the top (optional but suggested)
Bake for 12-15 minutes
You can substitute pre-made store-bought pizza dough or a Boboli shell for the homemade pizza dough
For the homemade dough (link in recipe)--if using special pizza dough yeast, eliminate the dough resting time.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 401mg | Potassium: 105mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 666IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 314mg | Iron: 1mg