Add to Recipe Box
Go to Collections
Chili Hater's Chili
A couple of years ago, I had chili on the brain, for some odd reason, so I decided to try this again. I pinpointed my dislike for the dish–cumin. I’m not a fan of this spice at all. I was reviewing a cookbook for slow cookers and found a recipe that did NOT include this, so I gave it a go.
- 1 lb lean ground beef browned and drained
- 1 can dark red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can garbanzo beans chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 - 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 can Rotelle tomatoes chopped tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1-2 long dried chile peppers
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Brown ground beef with chopped onion and minced garlic until meat is brown and onion is translucent; drain and add to slow cooker
Add the remaining ingredients to slow cooker, cover and cook on LOW 6-8 hours.
Serve with rice and top with shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 561mg | Potassium: 732mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1131IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 4mg