Add to Recipe Box
Go to Collections
Sausage Lasagna Soup
This soup has all the taste of lasagna but without all the work! Italian sausage makes it extra tasty.
Servings: 6 -8
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 lb hot or sweet bulk Italian sausage
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 tbsp brown sugar optional
- 8 oz lasagna noodles broken up
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 or 2 torn fresh basil leaves for each bowl as a garnish it adds flavor too
- Grated Parmesan for garnish
Heat oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until it's translucent.
In the same pot, brown the sausage meat and onion until fully cooked; drain fat from the pan.
Add the garlic and cook until garlic is fragrant.
Stir in the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, red pepper flakes (if using) and oregano. Add the stock. Taste and salt to taste. If it tastes too sour for your taste, stir in 1-2 tbs brown sugar.
Cook until the soup begins to simmer. Place the broken-up lasagna noodles to the soup. Cook until pasta is al dente, about 10 minutes.
Stir in the shredded cheese.
Serve and top each bowl with Parmesan cheese and the torn basil.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 655kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 1197mg | Potassium: 898mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 600IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 280mg | Iron: 4mg