Add to Recipe Box
Go to Collections
Beefy Pizza Rolls (Bracciole)
Don’t call out for pizza! Make these beefy bracciole rolls instead!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time50 mins
- 8 oz round steak cut into 1/8-inch thick slices (sold for bracciole)
- 32-36 slices pepperoni see NOTES
- 2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk or water - see NOTES
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella divided
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Extra Parmesan for topping about 1/4 cup
- 30 oz canned fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 tbs brown sugar optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
In a medium bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, parsley, Parmesan, salt, pepper, 2 cups shredded mozzarella and just enough milk/water to moisten the crumb mixture so it holds together.
Lay about 8 slices of the pepperoni on top of each steak. Distribute crumb mixture evenly over each steak. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large heavy skillet. Brown beef rolls on all sides; remove from pan.
Add all the sauce ingredients to the skillet and heat till it boils. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Lightly spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the beef rolls in the prepared pan; top with the sauce. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
Uncover the rolls and top with remaining shredded mozzarella and grated Parmesan. Return to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese topping is bubbly and melted.
- I used the pepperoni that comes in the little pouches—Hormel or Margharita brand.
- Use only enough milk/water to moisten the crumbs—I needed 1/4 cup, you may need more or less.
Serving: 1roll | Calories: 430kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 1847mg | Potassium: 386mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1175IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 398mg | Iron: 4mg