A deconstructed taco you eat like a salad.
Prep Time5 minutes mins
Cook Time10 minutes mins
Total Time15 minutes mins
Course: Appetizer, Main, Main Course, Salad
Keyword: ground beef, taco salad, tacos
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup California-style French dressing Catalina
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tbs ancho chili powder
- 8 cups iceberg lettuce torn in small pieces
- 2 cups tortilla chips broken up
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 cup Mexican-blend shredded cheese
Brown ground beef; drain. Stir in the salad dressing, garlic powder and the chili powders; set aside.
Spread lettuce over a large platter. Top with the broken tortilla chips.
Place ground beef mixture on top of the lettuce/chips.
Top with remaining ingredients.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 807kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 860mg | Potassium: 1170mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 2455IU | Vitamin C: 20.6mg | Calcium: 352mg | Iron: 6.2mg