- 1 lb sirloin tip steak cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup teryaki sauce/marinade (like Kikkoman)
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tbs oil for frying
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup blanched green peas or sliced scallions (green onions)
Heat oil over medium heat in a large, heavy skilliet–I used cast iron because it heats so evenly. Place beef in pan and saute, stirring occasionally, until it begins to get brown on all sides. Add the mushrooms and saute, stirring occasionally, until they begin to brown around the edges.
Serve over rice and garnish with the peas or green onions.