|Summer Vegetable Torta|
Here is a great way to use all that zucchini you grow or receive from folks who do.
This beauty was prepared by soon-to-be blogging partner, Linda, at a mid-summer lunch she recently hosted for all we gals. This is insanely good!
Pic is of the torta before we dug in, and you can see Linda’s beautiful table service in the background. She served this with Garlic Parmesan Popovers. She joked it was her “Pinterest” luncheon as all the recipes came from there, and you can grab the one for the popovers from either her food boards* or mine (“Food Glorious Food #6”). Recipe for torta is below. It’s also low carb and gluten-free.
Linda’s source for this recipe may be found on All Day I Dream About Food.
Summer Vegetable Torta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 red peppers, sliced into 1/4 inch strips OR
- 1 12 oz jar marinated red peppers, drained & cut into 1/4 inch wide strips
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
For the rest of the instructions, please visit All Day I Dream About Food