|Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Golden Ranch Gravy|
These slow cooker pork chops have 3 main ingredients, is easy to make and makes it’s own delicious gravy. Can you ask for more?
Seriously. A can of soup, a package of dressing mix and that’s it? I tried something similar with chicken breast a few years ago and never wanted to make it again, so why this caught my eye is beyond me.
|Only 3 ingredients|
I figured at least the pork chops wouldn’t be dry as dust like the chicken breasts were–I used center cut bone-in rib chops here–but I recently discovered that it was chicken breast that I didn’t like cooked in the crock pot.
You don’t have to brown the chops if you don’t want to. The original recipe didn’t call for it, but I have found that browning first adds tons of flavor, so it’s 5-10 minutes extra prep time that’s well worth it to me.
Anyway, these are delicious and I served them with the makes-itself-gravy over jasmine rice.
If you want to make your own ranch seasoning, the is the recipe I use (I only use 1/2 the salt called for in this recipe) RANCH SEASONING. I believe each packet of the pre-made kind contains 2-3 tbs, so that’s the amount to use to sub for the packet.
This one’s a keeper. Enjoy.
- 4 center-cut rib pork chops (bone-in or boneless)
- 1 can (10.75 oz) cream of chicken soup
- 1 envelope ranch dressing mix
- 1 tbs butter
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Brown pork chops well on both sides. Remove chops from pan and place in slow cooker.
- Add the soup and ranch dressing mix to the same pan the pork chops were browned in. Mix well and heat.
- Pour soup mixture over pork chops in slow cooker. Cover and cook on HI 3-4 hours or LOW 4-6 hours.
- Serve over rice.
|Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Golden Ranch Grave|
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2014. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.