Here’s a great breakfast/dinner bake that is gluten free!
Most of these “bakes” you see contain flour or Bisquick. OK I know they sell a gluten-free form of Bisquick now, but why bother? This is better!! And it’s also low carb. Unfortunately not low calorie.
This pan is my Gastrolux 9.5-inch double-handle saute pan. Can you marry a piece of cookware? Because I would!!!!
You can visit the Gastrolux site to see this pan and everything else they offer. The stuff isn’t cheap and I’ll tell you if *I* ponied up the money for this, you can rest assured, IT’S WORTH IT. LOL
- 8 oz bulk sausage
- 8 sliced cooked bacon, crumbled
- ½ large bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 8 oz cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese, at room temp
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup cream (either light, heavy or half-n-half)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- You may use either the Gastrolux® 9.5-inch saute pan or a 9-inch springform pan. If using the springform pan, spray lightly with non-stick spray. If using a Gastrolux® pan, no prep is necessary.
- Brown sausage meat in a large skillet. Remove meat with slotted spoon to drain; set aside. Wipe pan with dry cloth.
- Heat skillet again over medium heat. Add olive oil and heat. Saute the mushrooms, green onions, peppers and garlic until mushrooms are almost cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat the skillet over high heat. Add the grape tomatoes and sear over high heat, tossing or stirring frequently, until the tomatoes look slightly toasted. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese or Neufchatel in a large bowl for 1 minute with electric mixer. Add eggs, 2 at a time, beating very well after each addition. Mixture may appear lumpy, and this is OK. Add the cream, salt & pepper and beat for another minute.
- Stir the remaining ingredients into the cream cheese mixture. Stir very well.
- Pour into Gastrolux® saute pan or prepared springform pan.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes (the Gastrolux® pan). You may need to bake longer in the springform pan, however, check after the bake times given. Torta is cooked if it no longer jiggles in the center -OR- a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let torta stand for 10 minutes before serving. May be served hot, warm or chilled. Reheats very well and filling may be made ahead and refrigerated overnight to be baked in the morning. You may use any shredded cheese you wish. I just had swiss, but cheddar would be nice too.
- Serves 6-8
|Savory Breakfast Bake|