Perfect for the holidays or any time. Tangy raspberry jam combined with toasty oats and almonds…what could be better?
Also perfect made with cherry preserves–hard to find, but if you can, try it with that.
Raspberry Almond Oatmeal Bars
Author: Judith Hannemann
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup raspberry preserves
- Lightly spray a 7 x 11-inch baking pan with cooking
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt in a medium
- bowl and stir to blend.
- Add almond extract and butter, cut butter into dry ingredients until the mixture
- is evenly moist and crumbly. Remove ½ cup of the mixture. Stir chopped
- nuts into one of the half cups of the crumb mixture and reserve for
- Press the oatmeal mixture without the nuts evenly into the
- prepared baking pan. Spread the raspberry preserves over the top.
- Sprinkle with the reserved oat/nut mixture. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes,
- or until golden.
- Let cool completely in the baking pan set on a wire
- rack. Cut into bars.