|Raisin Walnut Cookies|
Nothing beats these raisin walnut cookies with a cold glass of milk! A pleasant change from the usual chocolate chip.
Now, I don’t mean to imply that chocolate chip is bad in any way–OMG, they are wonderful. But sometimes you yearn for something, well, a bit different.
These cookies are your “different.” They’re a pleasant change of pace. I find them the perfect cookie for a cup of tea or coffee or a glass of milk.
They’re rich and buttery. Please, whatever you do, don’t use margarine or worse yet that butter-flavored hydrogenated stuff. Use real butter!!! It’s necessary for the taste.
I use unsalted to bake with, but regular salted is just fine if that’s what you have–just omit the salt in the recipe.
These may even be (GASP!) healthy, although I definitely wasn’t going for that!!! These have quite a bit of oatmeal in them–ground oatmeal, so it’s well camouflaged. I think raisins are good for you too (maybe) but they are delicious!
These remind me of the original Mrs. Field’s cookies. I’m sure when you taste these, they will remind you of those too.
- 2 cups flour
- 2½ cups ground oatmeal (done by processing oatmeal in a blender or Ninja)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well. Add flour, ground oatmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Beat until combined. Stir in raisins and walnuts.
- Shape dough into 1 to 1½-inch balls and place 2-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets (I use AirBake insulated sheets). Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-12 min or until light golden brown.
- Cool for 1 minute on sheet. Remove to rack to cool completely.
- Makes approx 4 doz cookies.
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2015. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.Yum