Not only is this queso dip flavored chicken easy, it’s super delicious too! Make it in the crock pot or stovetop!
Do you love queso dip? Then this easy dinner is just what you want!
First I have to say that this chicken is beyond delicious. And even better, it only has 4 ingredients and can be cooked in the crock pot–how I did it–or on top of the stove!
I know I keep saying this, but it never ceases to amaze me at how meals with so few ingredients and no-fuss preparation turn out to be the tastiest meals you eat and become beloved family favorites that are “keepers.”
This is a for-reals “dump-and-go” meal. The recipe has two stages but there’s no fuss whatsoever involved. Both stages are dumping in ingredients.
One of the things I love about the holiday season is the variety of dips I see posted around the net. I am a big fan of these hot dips and sometimes eat the dip with crackers or tortilla chips as a guilty-pleasure dinner. Then it hit me that if I could remake the dip into a sauce and pair it with a meat, I just might be able to create a dinner recipe from this idea. It worked when I created my Jalapeño Popper Chicken, now I wanted to try to do it with another dip flavor I’m crazy about.
I have to say that this is even better than the popper chicken. This chicken is super rich in flavor. Everything works so well complimenting each other. I just served this with simple jasmine rice. This chicken needs no other dressing up; it’s a star on it’s own!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chilis (i.e. Rotel)
- 8 oz Velveeta, cut into cubes
- 4 oz cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 tbs finely chopped jalapeño (optional)
- **To cook stovetop, see NOTES**
- Place chicken, jalapeños if using and undrained tomatoes in a 4-qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high 3-4 hours.
- Add the Velveeta and cream cheese.
- Cover and cook for 1 more hour on high
- Stir to blend until sauce is smooth.
- Serve over rice