If one of your resolutions this year was to eat healthier and practice portion control, but you still miss a little treat now and then–keep reading!
While no one professes that cheesecake is a healthy choice, it can certainly be part of a healthy eating plan. Portion control is the key here. Since these tarts are only the size of a smallish cupcake, you get all the taste, yet much fewer calories and fat. Not guiltless, but pretty close to it.
These tarts have a light, lemony flavor in the filling. More lemon in the base, which is a lemon sandwich cookie, and the bright flavor of blueberry in the topping.
Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Tarts
Author: Judith Hannemann
- 12 lemon sandwich cookies
- 2 - 8 oz pkgs cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (more or less) blueberry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a regular muffin pan with paper cupcake liners. Place 1 lemon sandwich cookie in the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, extract and zest until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fill each cupcake liner with the cream cheese filling to about ⅛-inch from the top of liner. After baking, the cheesecake will fall in the center making the perfect indentation for the filling.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Spoon about 1 tbs of filling in each depression. Chill thoroughly.