An excellent and easy dessert. With just two main ingredients, you can’t get much simpler than this and it’s low calorie too.
First I started with a dark chocolate ready-to-eat pudding I got for free on a store promotion–the shelf-stable ones that come in the little tubs. I folded that into some extra-creamy whipped topping then added some chopped dried cherries and mini chocolate chips.
The result was a delicious and quick dessert that company thinks you fussed over.
You can substitute lower-fat versions of all things used and by the same token, it can be made even richer by folding in real whipped heavy cream.
- 2 individual cups shelf-stable dark chocolate pudding
- 1½ cups whipped topping or real whipped cream
- 2 tbs chopped dried cherries
- 1 tbs mini chocolate chips
- additional mini chips and topping for garnish
- Empty the pudding tubs into a medium bowl. Add whipped topping or whipped cream and fold pudding into the topping.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips and dried cherries.
- Spoon into 3 dessert cups (such as mini trifle bowls). Add a dollop of whipped topping and a few mini chocolate chips to garnish.
|Black Forest Mousse|