|Baked Golden Ranch Pork Chops|
These tasty pork chops are as quick as can be.
Sometimes you just get tired of fried or slow-cooked pork chops and want to do them a different way. Not that baking is so different, but it makes a change of pace.
|Done in 30 minutes or less|
Long ago, I got tired of buying coating mixes since all they are essentially are doctored bread crumbs–and with a lot of added stuff I don’t want either.
So I started experimenting with mixing bread crumbs with various seasonings and saved a lot of money! I’ve done this with Italian seasonings, traditional pork-y seasonings, etc., and they’ve all been very good.
I line my pan with foil so there’s no clean up, which is an added bonus. And the other is that they’re done in 30 minutes or less.
- 4 center-cut rib pork chops (about ½-inch thick)
- ¼ cup cream or half and half
- 1 cup unflavored bread crumbs
- ½ cup ranch seasoning mix*
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- *1 pkg of commercial dry mix may be substituted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place a rack (I use a cooling rack I use for cookies–fits perfectly in a large baking sheet/cookie sheet) in a large–around 15 inches–baking sheet/cookie sheet.
- Mix all the coating ingredients in a plastic storage bag.
- Pat chops dry with a paper towel.
- Place cream in a large bowl. Dip each chop in the cream, shaking off excess.
- Shake chops, one by one, in the coating mixture and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2015. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent. Yum